(Leading Ugandan construction Firm)
Our client in the construction industry is seeking suitable candidate for the aforementioned position, to join their construction team in Kampala-Uganda.
Role of the Position
The QA Engineer reports directly to Operations Manager and is responsible for the verification of Quality and the management of the Quality System for the Contract.
The QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for:
• Support and actively participate in delivery of the company’s values
• Reinforce the Safety Program through promotion of safe work practices within their area of responsibility.
• Comply with Business Management Systems as amended from time to time.
• Comply with Alcohol and Drug Testing and Fitness for Work policies and to agree to submit to random testing/screening at any time whilst at work
2) Safety and Environment
• Minimise impact on local environment e.g., implementing controls for waste management, pollution control, flora and fauna conservation, hydrocarbon/ hazardous substance and water management in accordance with contractual and legislated requirements.
• Lead by example and attend and actively participate in HSE Meetings on the project.
• Cease any identified at risk behaviors or situations and report them to the immediate responsible Supervisor for rectification.
• Actively participate in the Audit and Inspection processes.
3) Human Resources; Mentor, coach and train personnel involved in QA/QC tasks while demonstrating positive and decisive leadership
4) Maintain office environment in a tidy and safe state.
5) Implementation of the Project Quality Plan.
6) Ensuring that the client’s Quality System is applied and effective.
7) Liaise and attend with the Company Representative.
8) Arrange and coordinate internal audits.
9) Report any non-conformance to QAC.
10) Organizing testing and submission of test documentation as specified.
11) Liaise and assist Engineers and Supervisors in the QA document presentation, verification and reporting of construction tasks to ensure compliance.
12) Close of Corrective Actions and implement actions of preventive measure.
13) Coordination of reporting.
• Diploma qualification in QA with a minimum of five (5) years previous experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in a similar role on a civil project.
• Previous knowledge of quality assurance requirements in the civil area.
• Demonstrative knowledge of relevant QA statutory requirements and laws in the mining and/or civil area.
• Engineering knowledge.
• QA/QC System knowledge.
• Construction experience.
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Desirable; High computing skills.
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: ASAP - Urgent Requirement
Duration: Not Defined
Salary: 0$ (Not specified)
Ref No: QAE/256/06/26
Date Advertised: 26 Jun 2013
ABELA AGENCY apologies that we cannot respond to all applicants personally and only those who match the criteria of the client will be contacted.
Please send your details to email@example.com or call Antonio on +254 714 786 994